About Azithromycin 500mg Tablets
Azithromycin 500mg is a generic medicine. It belongs to the class of antibiotics. Antibiotics are medications that can be classified as antibacterial medicine. Azithromycin 500mg Tablets is sold under the brand name Zithromax 500mg in the USA also popularly known as Z-max 500mg.
The tablets are meant for oral consumption. It is made of the drug of the same name Azithromycin. Other brand names include Zmax, Azicip, Zithromax, Azithrocin, Sumamed, and more. Azithromycin 500mg is so famous that it is the 48th most commonly prescribed medication in the USA with more than 15 million official prescriptions. Azithromycin 500mg is crucial to treating bacterial infections; it is on the List of Most Essential Medicines for humanity.
Cipla makes the generic variation of Azithromycin 500mg by the name of Azicip 500mg. Cipla Inc is one of the famous pharmaceutical medications from India. It has a net worth of over 12 billion USD currently and is still growing.
Uses of Azithromycin 500mg Tablets
Azithromycin 500mg is helpful in treating a number of bacterial infections. Recently, the pandemic-inducing coronavirus has wreaked chaos in the hearts of people. In these difficult times, generic Zithromax 500mg tablets have proven to be extremely helpful. Although the treatment and cure are far from possible, a reduction in the painful side effects is possible through generic Zmax tablets. The myriad treatable bacterial infections with the use of Azithromycin 500mg Tablets are;
- Respiratory infections, strep throat, syphilis, and Lyme disease.
- Pylori infection, travelers’ diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal infections
- Legionnaires’ disease (a type of lung infection)
- Pertussis (whooping cough; a serious infection that causes severe coughing)
- Babesiosis (a parasitic infection that causes severe coughing)
How Azithromycin 500mg Tablets works
Bacteria thrive on the protein that they absorb from the host bodies. Azithromycin 500mg Tablets in proper doses cuts off the protein synthesis rate of the bacteria infecting the body. The drug binds to the subunit inside the cells of bacteria to the ribosome, which is responsible for producing the energy for the bacteria to keep living in the body.
After the energy is cut off, there is no translation of ribonucleic acid or the RNA. This stops the functioning of bacteria in the body, effectively killing them and also disposing them from the system to cure bacterial infections.
Dosage Instruction for Azithromycin 500mg Tablets
The doctors and medical professionals carefully examine various factors that could determine the proper dosage values of the Azithromycin 500mg tablets. This includes the age, weight, height, and also severity of the condition. After asking about the existing conditions and illnesses the patients have suffered from, the doctors and medical health care providers are enabled to give proper dosage values.
How to take it?
The oral tablets are meant for consumption as an extended-release. Azithromycin 500mg needs to be taken for a period of 5 days. Usually, for an extended-release during a major bacterial breakout, Zmax pills only need to be taken once a week. You can take the antibacterial tablets with or without food. Do not crush, break, or chew the tablets. Only swallow the Azicip 500mg tablets whole with a glass of water.
When to take it?
Only take the medicine before or “after having food”. Generally, on an empty stomach, Azithromycin 500mg can produce stomach aches. Therefore most doctors and medical professionals recommend taking the tablets after having food. Make sure to only take the Zmax tablets after following the prescription the doctors provide.
Taking too much Azithromycin 500mg Tablets
In the case of an overdose, you will feel “extremely weak”, lose muscle tone, loss of control over muscles, shallow breathing, feel faint, dizzy, and also have trouble sleeping. Make sure to inform a medical professional when you feel any of the above experiences to the extreme.
Missing a dose of Azithromycin 500mg
Skip the forgotten dose completely. There is no need for concern when it comes to missing a dose of generic Zmax tablets. If the dose is a regular dose for the period of 5 days, make sure to take the dose when you remember to have them.
To keep the medicine safe and sound, make sure to store the Azithromycin 500mg tablets in;
- A place with no sunlight
- The place with no moisture
- An area of the house with no kids and pets around
- Storage place with room temperature
- A place with a dry and cool atmosphere
Minor Side Effects of Azithromycin 500mg
Some of the common side effects patients need to suffer from to ensure the proper working of the medication;
- stomach pains
Major Side Effects of Azithromycin 500mg
The adverse reactions of the medicine need to be reported to the medical professionals so that they can guide you toward a safe path moving forward;
- Breathing or swallowing problems
- Angioedema (swelling of the face)
Make sure to avoid this set of medicines since they interact heavily with Azithromycin 500mg to give fatal harmful effects to the body;
- Do not drink alcohol when you are under the effects of Azithromycin 500mg
- Do not have Zmax tablets if you are hypersensitive to any of the active or inactive components of the tablets.
- The metabolization happens through the liver and therefore do not take the Zithromax 500mg tablets when you have problems with your liver.
- If you have jaundice then make sure to not take Azithromycin 500mg tablets.
- People with low levels of potassium in the blood should avoid consuming 500mg of Azicip 500mg.
- Patients with irregular heart rates should not take generic Zmax 500mg.
- Alcoholics and also narcotic drug abusers of any kind should stay away from Azicip 500mg.
- Breastfeeding and also pregnant women need precautions in their following steps and they should also inform their medical professionals about the severity of their condition before taking Azithromycin 500mg.
- Geriatrics or Juveniles should only use Zmax 500mg tablets after confirming with their doctors for their safety.
Following this advice will help you stay safe and clean, and keep you away from all kinds of unfortunate bacterial infections;
- Eat Chilli peppers, spices, clive, oregano, garlic, mushrooms, citrus lemons, Seaweed
- Avoid touching your face constantly
- Make sure to carry your water with you that is purified
- Disinfect the work and home areas regularly
- Carry a hand wash or sanitizer along with a face wash with you
- If you are sick, make sure to stay at home
1. Is Zithromax as good as penicillin?
Amoxicillin and Zithromax are two different types of antibiotics. While Amoxicillin is a penicillin type antibacterial medicine, Zithromax is the macrolide antibiotic. Amoxicillin is the generic name of the medicine, the brand name being Moxatag and Amoxil
2. What is better, Zithromax or Amoxicillin?
Zithromax is better than Amoxicillin in the categories of simpler dosage terms and also faster clinical effect. In the illness of acute sinusitis, a 3-day course of Azithromycin was better tolerated than a 10-day course of Moxatag.
3. Is Zithromax good for infections related to the sinus?
Zithromax is one of the best and also the “strongest antibiotics” available that could effectively treat infections related to the sinus.
4. How quickly does Zithromax work?
The improvements in the body are visible from day one. However, in the case of bacterial infections, it takes a long time to show actual effects. Therefore, Zithromax takes a total of 5 days to show adequate effects.